If you are an adult or adolescent experiencing difficulties such as:
- Problematic thinking and behavior patterns
- Impulsiveness, self-harm, cutting, drinking, or drug use
- A history of unsatisfactory and unstable relationships
- Feeling controlled by your emotions
- Intense shame, irritability, or anger
- Past failed attempts in therapy
Our Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) program may be right for you! The DBT program includes individual therapy, skills training, telephone coaching, and consultation team; and helps replace destructive thoughts and behavior patterns with healthier and more fulfilling choices. Please call for additional information about this program. DBT individual therapy is focused on enhancing your motivation and helping you to apply the techniques learned in skills training to specific challenges and events in your life. Typically, individual therapy takes place once a week for as long as the you are in therapy and runs concurrently with skills training. DBT phone coaching is focused on providing you with in-the-moment coaching on how to use skills to effectively cope with difficult situations that arise in your everyday life. You can call between sessions to receive coaching at the times when you need help the most. DBT skills training is focused on enhancing your capabilities by teaching you behavioral skills. In skills training the therapist teaches the skills and assigns homework for you to practice using the skills in your everyday life. The skills training is separated into four categories:
- Mindfulness: the practice of being fully aware and present in the moment.
- Distress Tolerance: how to tolerate pain in difficult situations, not change it.
- Emotion Regulation: how to change emotions that you want to change.
- Interpersonal Effectiveness: how to ask for what you want and say no while maintaining self-respect and relationships with others.
DBT consultation team is a weekly meeting that DBT therapists participate in to assist one another in applying DBT as effectively as possible with each of our clients to help them work toward their goals. Nature Therapy The beauty and strength of mother nature is something that can inspire and embolden the spirit. At River Hills Counseling, nature plays a vital role in recovery. We offer nature-based sessions that break the traditional office therapy mold. Whether you’d like to sit on a park bench and have a discussion, or take a walk through the woods in peaceful silence, you can discover the powerful healing effects of the great outdoors. The benefits include:
- Reduced stress
- Decreased depression and anxiety
- Improved self-confidence and mindfulness
- Increased sense of community and belonging
To schedule your nature-based session with us, contact River Hills Counseling at (984) 212-6820. We look forward to working with you in the great outdoors. Regulate Your Emotional Stress and Negativity During a nature-based session you’ll learn to regulate your emotions and attitude while relieving stress and anxiety. Ready to experience the healing presence of nature? Schedule your appointment with River Hills Counseling today.